- This event has passed.
International Conference on ”Classical Antiquity & Memory from the 19th to the 21st Century”
September 28 @ 09:00 - September 30 @ 19:00
International Conference on Classical Antiquity & Memory from the 19th to the 21st Century
Quand l’homme a voulu imiter la marche, il a créé la roue, qui ne ressemble pas à une jambe.
[When man wanted to imitate walking, he invented the wheel, which does not look like a leg.]
Apollinaire, Les mamelles de Tirésias, Préface
The program for the International Conference on Classical Antiquity & Memory from the 19th to the 21st Century (Bonn, 28-29-30 September 2017) will shortly be announced. The conference is kindly supported by:
- Centre for the Classical Tradition (CCT) – University of Bonn
- Jocasta | Classical Reception Greece – University of Patras
- Centre for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (GKM) – University of Münster
- Trinational Graduate College of the Universities of Bonn – Paris IV Sorbonne – Florence “European Founding Myths in Literature, Art & Music
- Institute of Greece, Rome, and the Classical Tradition (IGRCT) – University of Bristol
- Centre for Studies on the Classical Tradition (OBTA ) – University of Warsaw
- IMAGINES Project
Its aim is to be a stepping stone for the establishment of a hub of students, researchers, artists and anyone else interested in the fascinating world of classical antiquities that keeps haunting our post-modernities in the most stunning ways.
Let this conference inaugurate a hub of people, networks, projects who love to… remember and/or forget! Until then, you may have a look at our CFP, to get the general lines to be investigated in our forthcoming conference!
Penelope-Foteini Kolovou, PhD Student (UBonn/Münster)
Efstathia Athanasopoulou, PhD Student (UPatras)